Coaches, Team Managers and Club Officials
Respect Code of Conduct
Play your part and observe The Football Association’s Respect Code of Conduct in everything you do.
On and off the field, I will:
• Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players, coaches, managers, officials and spectators
• Adhere to the laws and spirit of the game
• Promote Fair Play and high standards of behaviour
• Always respect the match official’s decision
• Never enter the field of play without the referee’s permission
• Never engage in public criticism of the match officials
• Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or
When working with players, I will:
• Place the well-being, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything, including winning
• Explain exactly what I expect of players and what they can expect from me
• Ensure all parents/carers of all players under the age of 18 understand these expectations
• Never engage in or tolerate any form of bullying
• Develop mutual trust and respect with every player to build their self-esteem
• Encourage each player to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance
• Ensure all activities I organise are appropriate for the players’ ability level, age and maturity
• Co-operate fully with others in football (e.g. officials, doctors, physiotherapists, welfare officers) for each player’s best interests.
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/both of the following actions may be taken by my club.:
• Suspended by the league from attending matches
• Required to leave or be sacked by the league.